Enhanced Services: Improving Downtown's Quality of Life
If wondering where to get a passport, find a business, restaurant or event, a friendly DWNTWN Ambassador wearing a bright orange shirt and DWNTWN baseball cap will be nearby to help answer those questions. Ambassadors are trained to provide residents, tourists, employees and business owners with a variety of information and assistance.
The DWNTWN Ambassadors work cooperatively as additional eyes and ears for the City of Miami Police Department, maintaining a professional relationship with all local law enforcement, code compliance, and other city entities. The goal of the program is to address issues that affect the quality of life in Downtown and to strive to make Downtown Miami one of the most livable cities in the country.
The DWNTWN Ambassadors are trained to provide residents, tourists, employees and business owners with the following services throughout Downtown:
• Directions / Way-Finding / Parking information
• Providing “safe walk” services
• Report crime, code compliance violations, solid waste and other concerns to appropriate agencies
• Visiting downtown business owners and managers to share info and report concerns
• Respond to calls concerning specific incidents (suspicious persons, tourists with special needs, graffiti,
panhandling, litter) and alerting other responders
Meet our DWNTWN Ambassadors
DWNTWN Ambassador Services – Hours of Operation
Central Business District
Monday: 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 a.m. (Midnight)
Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 a.m. (Midnight)
Saturday: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 a.m. (Midnight)
Sunday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Thursday: 6:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. (Midnight)
Friday: 6:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. (Midnight)
Saturday: 6:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. (Midnight)
Schedules vary according to event schedules.
The DWNTWNer’s Guide to Safety
Safety is everyone's concern. Help take responsibility for your own safety by following these common sense tips.
• Report suspicious behavior to the City of Miami Police Department or the DWNTWN Ambassadors.
• Pay attention, stay alert and be aware of your surroundings.
• Walk in well-traveled and well-lit places, especially at night.
• Always lock your car and store all items out of sight, including spare change and cell phones.
Emergencies – DIAL 911
Non-emergency - City of Miami Police Department – (305) 579-3111
Non-emergency - Ambassadors Office – (305) 415-3896
Become a DWNTWN Ambassador
Do you love helping people? Do you love downtown? Consider becoming a DWNTWN Ambassador!The DWNTWN Ambassadors represent the Miami DDA and the downtown community; they are managed by Block by Block, a national service company dedicated to providing Safety, Hospitality, Cleaning, and Outreach for downtown improvement districts. The DDA Ambassadors can be seen daily providing friendly and hospitable assistance to the residents, workers, and visitors of the downtown. Ambassadors carefully observe their surroundings to identify public safety hazards and concerns, reporting them to local agencies for quick action and correction. Block by Block is responsible for hiring, training, and managing personnel.
For more information and to apply for an open Ambassador position, please visit our website: www.blockbyblock.com.
Select CAREERS, then follow the instructions to apply.