About The Miami Downtown Development AuthorityVision
Downtown Miami is the business, social and cultural epicenter of the Americas, which capitalizes on its unique position as a major world city in a tropical waterfront environment.
The Mission of the Miami Downtown Development Authority is to grow, strengthen and promote the economic health and vitality of Downtown Miami. As an autonomous agency of the City, the Miami DDA advocates, facilitates plans and executes business development, planning and capital improvements, and marketing and communication strategies. We commit to fulfill our mission collaboratively, ethically and professionally, consistent with the Authority's public purpose.
How It Works
The Miami DDA is an independent public agency of the City of Miami funded by a special tax levy on properties in its district boundaries. A fifteen (15) member Board of Directors comprised of three (3) public appointees and twelve (12) downtown property owners, residents and/or workers governs the agency and sets policy. The Board's policy direction is implemented by the Executive Director's oversight of a multi-disciplined management team.
- Information Clearinghouse for Downtown Miami
- Business Recruitment & Technical Assistance
- Market Research & Data Collection
- Sponsorship & Partnership Building
- Urban & Transportation Planning
- Program Development & Execution
- Beautification & Greening
- Capital Improvement Project Coordination
- Marketing & Public Relations