Conference Center RFQ
- RFQ 11-01 List of Applicants
- RFQ 11-01 Addendum #2
- RFQ 11-01 Addendum #1
- Request for Qualifications (RFQ): Downtown Miami Conference Center Market Analysis
- Attachment A: 2025 Downtown Master Plan
- Attachment B: Urban Land Institute (ULI) Technical Assistance Panel Report
- Attachment C: Sample Professional Services Agreement
- Attachment D: Resolution 02/2010 — Approving Issuance of RFQ
The Miami Downtown Development Authority (“DDA”) is issuing this request for qualifications (“RFQ”) to
solicit proposals from qualified and experienced firms to provide an analysis of the feasibility of locating a
Conference Center in Downtown Miami (“Analysis”).
The goal of the Analysis is to determine whether and how the DDA, City of Miami (“City”), Community Redevelopment Agencies (“CRA”), and/or other agencies should pursue the planning, development and operation of a Conference Center in Downtown (“Project”) as an economic generator influencing the success of Downtown and Greater Miami.
The decision to pursue this Analysis is based on a number of previous studies and recommendations – including the 2025 Downtown Master Plan (Attachment “A”) and a July 2010 Urban Land Institute (ULI) Technical Advisory Panel (Attachment “B”) – to study and pursue opportunities for the future development of a Conference Center in Downtown.
The objectives of this phased Analysis are:
• To determine whether current or anticipated market conditions would allow for a successful
Conference Center in Downtown; and
• To develop a preliminary pro-forma operating budget for the first ten years of operation; and
• To estimate the projected direct and indirect economic and other impacts of such a facility on
Downtown and Greater Miami; and
• To provide recommendations and strategies for moving forward.
The deadline for submission of proposals has been extended to January 19, 2011 at 2:00
Proposal advertised and available for pick-up — December 7, 2010
Deadline for receipt of questions (Week 3) — December 21, 2010
Deadline for receipt of proposals (Week 6) — January 19, 2011
Evaluation Committee meeting (Week 7) — January 25-26, 2011
Oral presentations to Evaluation Committee (Week 8) — February 4, 2011
DDA Committee Meeting (Week 9) — February 9, 2011
DDA Board Review/Approval (Week 11) — February 18, 2011
Contract Award (Week 12) — February 28, 2011
*The schedule and all dates are tentative, and may be adjusted by the DDA as necessary
All questions or requests for additional information must be asked and answered in writing by e-mail (preferable), fax, or certified mail. To ensure that your request or question has been received, contact Karry Maravilla at 305-579-6675 only to verify that the DDA is in receipt of your request. The request must contain the RFQ title, proposer’s name, contact person name, address, phone number, and fax number. The DDA will respond in a timely manner. Any responses to such questions or requests shall be furnished to all potential proposers in the form of an addendum to this RFQ. The deadline for receipt of questions is December 21, 2010.
Questions should be directed in writing via e-mail to:
Miami Downtown Development Authority
200 South Biscayne Boulevard, Suite 2929
Miami, Florida 33131